Monday, August 12, 2013

Not my Kashmir, Not your Kashmir; India's Kashmir!

When I was a second grade student, residing in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, courtesy my dad who is in the army, I used to observe life with grey tinted glasses. I saw how people were petrified to smile in anxiety of their smile being snatched away. Little did I know that it was because of certain demented packs who fight from behind the armor of religion. I deliberated that is how my countrymen are; deprived, unfortunate, grieving. Whenever I boarded a Shikara blissfully embracing the Dal Lake, I noticed that the rower raised his head to the Shankracharya many a times; that explained to me how one looks up to the one above all. Even in the pain, irrespective of religions,
I have seen people look and talk respectfully to each other; mind me the cook at our lodging was a Muslim and the descriptions of state of affairs in the civil he gave were beyond my perception but within my range of reviewing expressions. I realized life is lethal for the poor in my country.

I never read newspapers then, obviously! Because my main agenda used to always be what if we are frozen in the snow or what if we are blown away by the monorail speed wind. An inquisitive child goes into his or her shell as quickly as jerry springs to his hole in the wall. My mother used to tell me, “We cannot go out to visit places just like that, we have to plan first.” And that aggravated me; I have so many grumpy pictures of myself in dramatically breathtaking places. I ruined the pictures. I never understood the thing of scheduling before going anywhere, there should be substantial dominion on wherever one wants to travel, at least in their area, state or country to see on a bigger slate. But, my parents never inculcated within me any judgemental traits whatsoever about any individual or community. My father taught me we are all Indians. When I left the place, became mindful of the scenario there. My heart shrinks each time I read or heed something that occurred there. 

And I am dumbfounded by the way politicians hold this? Own up to it! Stand up and speak, make Kashmiris believe that they are valued in India, their brethren from all over India yearn for a visit there, they are terrorized in their own state, restricted from a demanded transformation. Communal divide is only worsening what was already bad there. If the terror is not generating tremors within the government, then I think they have elapsed senses like an android! Neighboring country matters can be dealt with later; Countrymen come foremost, ain’t it? We certainly necessitate an audacious political ensemble that has the moral fiber to call a spade a spade, PERIOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment